Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 102.

I warmed up this morning with 10 minutes of Pilates before walking to the park to do my 3 mile run.  The first mile I felt lethargic, but once I made my mind conquer my body, I picked up the pace for the second mile.  I also did an exaggeration of my movements, i.e. high knees, longer stride, farther reach with my arms.  I don't know if there is a name for it, but that's what I did to work on my form and increasing my speed.  It seems to have worked a bit because I felt my energy level increase, and by mile 3 when I returned to my normal running form, I could tell I was going a little faster.  When I downloaded my workout info from my Garmin, it showed a little over 1 mph difference between my slower pace and the 2nd mile pace.  After my run I also did workout 1 of the Yoga Meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!