Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 118.

Today is another cross-training day, and my plan was to get up and go for a walk and then come home and do a workout DVD.  I got up a little early, with a new purpose for my walk this morning: yesterday one of the boys in my Cub Scout den was telling me about how there have been a couple of moose lingering in their family's field recently.  This boy's house is on one of my running routes, so I got excited that I might catch a glimpse of the moose.  I love moose!  I took my small camera with me just in case, but it doesn't have a very good zoom on it, so I knew it wouldn't do much if the moose was any distance from me.  I started out on my walk, and of course it was raining.  I walked about a mile and had reached and passed the field where the moose had been sighted.  I kept going down the road I usually take, and was quite a bit past where the boy lives when I suddenly saw a huge, dark animal stand up in the middle of a grassy area and start walking around.   I could tell immediately it was a moose, even though it was a good distance away.  I snapped a picture with my camera, then turned around and ran about a mile home to grab my good camera.  (So much for no running today!)  Anyway, I drove back to the area where I saw him, but he was no where in sight.  I sat in the car on the side of the road for a few minutes, and was just getting ready to head home when he reappeared from behind some old farm buildings.  Here are some of the pictures I was able to get:


What a beautiful animal.  When I got home, I also did workout 2 from the 30 Day Shred DVD.

1 comment:

  1. so neat! Where are you in ID? I have inlaws in Richfield.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!