Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 210.

This morning there was another scheduling issue which forced me to do my run early, to get it in before my husband needed to leave for work and I had to get the kids to school.  I tried to go at the last possible minute, because it is still dark outside.  I left the house at 6am, with a flashlight this time!  I decided my best option would be to go to the park again, so I walked for a couple of minutes, then started my run a few blocks from the park.  I had set my Garmin to alert me when I hit 4 miles.  I had done 3 or 4 laps with no issues, the flashlight providing enough light for me to see where I was stepping, and by about 6:30 the sun was starting to come up over the mountains anyway.  I was at a point where the track goes along a tree lined, rocky area, with a chain link fence right along the edge of the track.  All of a sudden I realized there was a skunk right next to me, and I must have scared it too, because up went it's tail...and let's just say, it's amazing how fast a person can run when you're about to be sprayed by a skunk!  I could hear the spray land on the ground and leaves behind me - whew, that was a close one!!  Anyway, I finished my four miles, and it felt good to be out in the cool air, just as the sun was rising; another beautiful day.  When I came home, I got the kids ready and off to school, then I headed into the workout room and did level 3 of 30 Day Shred.  After that, I was still feeling like I had energy to expend, so I walked on the treadmill for another 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!