Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, June 17, 2011

14 miles.

After a pretty decent night's sleep, I was up at 4:45am and getting ready for my long run.  I ate 1/2 a banana, drank a 5-hour energy supplement, wrapped my bum foot with a small ace bandage and headed out the door.  After a couple of minutes of walking I started my run.  My foot hurt, I'm not gonna lie.  I'm not going to be surprised if I have stress fracture, but like I said, I'm not going to get it checked until we get back from our trip.  I did an out and back run, and I hit some serious winds from miles 5-9 and it was COLD!  Once I got down to the last 3-4 mile stretch, I was facing the sun and that felt so much better.  I ran the entire time, and actually for the last couple of miles my foot was more or less numb anyway.  One mental-physical hurdle I conquered on this run is a huge hill that I usually end up walking, at least partly, today I ran the whole thing!  Other than the foot issue, I was really feeling good.  It ticks me off that I just can't feel good everywhere at the same time - there is always some injury, pain or soreness somewhere.  When I hit the half marathon point at 13.1 miles, I was at 2 hours and 29 minutes, and I reached 14.1 miles at 2 hrs. 40 min. exactly.  My average pace was 11:22 min/mile, a good pace for me for a long run.

Now that I have that done, I can finish stretching and then get to work packing the rest of our stuff for our week long camping/family reunion trip to Teton National Park ~ Woo hoo!  While we're gone I won't be able to blog, but I'll do a recap of my week when I get back.  I will be trying to fit in at least 3 shorter runs while we're gone, but I won't do another long run until a week from Monday after we get back home.  I'm not really interested in being eaten by a bear or something like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!