Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

9 mile run.

For my run this morning I decided to use the run-walk-run method, even though it was only 9 miles.  My hamstrings are so tight and sore and have been ever since Saturday's long run.  I can't get them to relax at all.  I've been using ice, moist heat, foam roller and stretching, but today they were still screaming at me.  So, right from the start of my run I could feel that pain and tightness, but I had hoped that after getting warmed up they would feel better.  That never really happened, but as I continued my 3:1 run/walk ratio (3 minutes running, 1 minute walking), I was able to complete the run in about the same time it would have taken me if I'd tried to run the whole time. (1 hour 43 minutes for 9.04 miles).  When I got home I also did 35 minutes of Pilates and now I'm icing my leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!