Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, August 1, 2011

Rainy Monday...

After talking with my friend while on our long run Saturday and getting her knowledgeable opinion, I've decided to add another day of running to my week.  I've been feeling like the schedule that I'm following of only 3 days of running is leaving me a little weak by the time I get to my long runs on Saturdays, so I'm going to add a short, "easy" run of 3-5 miles on Mondays and see if that helps.  I planned on starting this new schedule today, but low and behold I woke up to pouring rain.

My spirits weren't dampened at all by the rain, though.  Yesterday I was very sore, barely able to walk up and down the stairs without a lot of pain.  In the morning I did about 20 minutes of Pilates just to loosen up enough so that I could get through the 3 hours of church, then I came home and felt like crashing.  I took a nap for about an hour, then walked on the treadmill at an easy pace for about 40 minutes.  So, this morning things were looking up.   I wasn't quite as sore and I was eager to work out.  Today I started out with level 1 of JM's 30 Day Shred, followed with a 30 minute jog on the treadmill.  After that I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, which really felt great on my legs, then I did 30 minutes of Pilates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!