Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, September 26, 2011

14.75 miles.

After a couple of days off from running, I decided to head out for a long run this morning.  I did about 20 minutes of Pilates before taking the kids to school, then started out on my run.  I did a long loop that equaled a total of 14.75 miles.  It was cool when I left the house, but didn't take long to warm up as the sun came up over the mountains.  I should have taken some water with me, but I didn't think of it.  The last couple of miles I was dying of thirst.  I felt pretty good today on my run.  I'm hoping to get the other book I ordered soon.  It's been over two weeks since I ordered it.  I think it will have a schedule for a marathon training plan that I can work with.  When I told my husband last night that I would be going for a long run in the morning, he said, "You sure are doing a lot of long runs lately."  I told him it's because that's what I enjoy.  I'm not a fast runner, so the "runner's high" doesn't come for me until I've gone more than 9 or 10 miles, and the longer I can go, the better. But, I'm sure it would benefit me quite a bit to start throwing some speed training sessions or some hills in there or something, so soon I should be getting into a new schedule.  For now, I'm just having fun and enjoying doing whatever physical activity I choose to do each day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!