Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, January 16, 2012

5 miles and some other things.

This morning I began my day with 30 minutes of Pilates.  After that I did the elliptical trainer for 30 minutes, followed by a 5 mile run on the treadmill.

I finally came up with a formalized training schedule to get me through the next 18 weeks until the Ogden Marathon.  It's a modified version of a schedule from my book: "Marathon: You Can Do It!" by Jeff Galloway. It has me running up to 5 days a week, with a full rest day and cross-training days.  I've decided to allow myself to be less strict with a training schedule this time around.  I've been feeling good, and when I consider the fact that I ran 19 miles a little over a week ago, felt great afterwards and had a very short recovery period, I think things are going along well.  So, I'll use the schedule to keep me in line with the lengths of my runs, but also continue to do a lot of the things I've already been doing.

Also, it's been one week since I re-committed to maintaining a healthier diet.  I was going to "weigh-in" this morning, and even though I had an excellent week in terms of sticking to everything, I was feeling a little bloated and didn't want to get on the scale.  I was afraid I might be disappointed and just get frustrated and down on myself.  I know I've been doing well, and it might take a bit longer to actually start feeling a difference, so I'm going to wait to weigh myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!