Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, October 29, 2012

Doin' my own thing.

I felt like today was a "take it easy" day.  I mean, I still did a workout, but it didn't feel like much for some reason.  Probably had something to do with the fact that it took me until about 9am to even get started.  I did 3 miles on the treadmill at around a 10 minute mile pace, then I did some strength training.

Since I was doing it at home, I had to make do with the equipment I have, which isn't much.  I only have 5 pound dumbbells and 35 pound dumbbells (which only my husband has ever used because they're way too heavy for me).  Today was shoulders, abs and calves, so I did a bunch of sit-ups, calf raises on a step-stool, bent over lateral raises and lying side raises with the 5 pound hand weights.

Then I spent the afternoon doing stuff in the kitchen: making pumpkin puree, vegetable juice and more homemade soup.  The soup I made was another chicken quinoa, but I changed it up a little bit to give it a southwestern flare.  The base was made from broth, chili powder, sea salt, black pepper and tomato, then I added jalapenos, garlic, carrots, squash, chicken, peas, corn, and quinoa.  I baked a few *clean* corn tortillas in the oven, sprinkled with sea salt and served the soup with the "chips".  It was very good.

This evening, my husband and I went to the gym for our usual Monday evening spin class with Misty.  It was a great class and I especially love it when my husband and I get to go together.  It doesn't always work out that way, so I'm grateful when it does.  After class, we made a (relatively) quick stop at the grocery store before coming home and having a creamy pumpkin smoothie before getting ready for bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!