Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 11.

3 mile run today. I started out with 15 minutes of standing yoga to warm-up, then 5 minutes walking before starting the run, and another 5 minute walk to cool down. Something I noticed today during my workout: I found myself smiling spontaneously as I ran. That makes me realize I am doing this for the right reasons. Not to say that running is easy, because it's not at all. It doesn't feel like something that comes naturally to me whatsoever. But I do enjoy working out and feeling good, the feeling that I'm accomplishing something beneficial for myself. This new challenge my friend and I have put upon ourselves is one that I look forward to working on and training for. The training hours put in, difficult as they may be, will all be worth it in the end when Jennifer and I cross that finish line!

1 comment:

  1. This is really neat. It is what I should be doing...that I have talked about doing, but I have not motivated myself yet. Congrats on the hard work and great motivation.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!