Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day13.

Today is a cross training day. I woke up with a headache and sore shoulders, but after rubbing some Icy Hot on my neck and shoulder area, taking some Motrin and drinking a bunch of water, I got to my workout. My training partner noted in her blog yesterday that the first five minutes or so are the roughest for her, and I have to say that I feel the exact same way. I don't lack the motivation to do the running or the cross training workouts, but some days I feel like my body is not cooperating with my desires. Once I push through the first 5-10 minutes, though, I usually start to get into a groove and then feel better.
So this morning I did a 40 minute Yoga/Pilates DVD, then I walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes, and ended with a 30 minute, high intensity Belly Dancing DVD. Cross training days are great, because it can be fun to break up the monotony of running on all the other days. Now I am looking forward to spending some time with Chris this afternoon at the walking park. While the older kids are at a birthday party, we are going to take Nicolas and go walking. I received in the mail yesterday a wonderful surprise: someone I love dearly sent me a new, AWESOME jogging stroller! A gift of support and definitely motivation, I am so grateful to have a select few kind, loving and thoughtful people in my circle of support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!