Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 109.

6 mile run today, and I had so much fun!  We were camping in Utah at a state park on the north end of the Great Salt Lake.  I took paved roads around the campground and down by the water until I had reached my 6 miles.  I definitely do better on the longer runs.  My Garmin tells me my pace is slower than when I do my 3 milers, which makes sense I guess.  I think that in my mind I'm telling myself I need to go farther, and stay strong longer, so I keep my pace pretty moderate so I don't tire out too fast.  I really enjoy the long runs.

Today was also the first time I've attempted a run while wearing my hydration belt.  Since I was going six miles in an unfamiliar area and it was warmer weather than what I have been used to, I thought it was a good time to start practicing with it.  I'm glad I'm starting now, because it felt very cumbersome and awkward at first, and I think I'm going to need to make some adjustments to it, maybe add some Velcro on the straps, to make it less bothersome.  By the end of the 6 miles I was used to it, no biggie, but it does take some getting used to having that water bottle gurgling up and down, and the belt tight around my waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!