Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Something fun and new!

A follower of my blog and fellow runner/mother/blogger, Kadie over at http://theresheruns.blogspot.com/,
generously honored me and my blog by awarding me with the "Versatile Blogger Award"!  Thanks, Kadie!  I love getting your comments and connecting with other people who share our same interests and passions.  Thanks for thinking of me!

The Rules:

1. Say thank you to who sent you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to other bloggers.

Now the hard part, trying to think of 7 things about myself.  Hmmm...I feel like I already have put most everything out there, but here goes:

1.  I have four kids, 3 boys and a girl.  My oldest is a boy, and my husband still swears I started to cry when I found out he was going to be a boy and not a girl, though it is something I adamantly deny.  I love all my kids more than anything, and anyway, I got my girl in the end!  :)

2.  A little over a year ago, a friend of mine told me I should try training for a marathon.  I told her "I'm not a runner; I'll never do a marathon."  Today I ran 22 miles with that same friend.

3.  I honestly believe my life is better than I deserve: beautiful, healthy children, a loving, patient husband, a few select, wonderful friends and I get to live and run in one of the most beautiful, safe places in the country ~ yep, I feel pretty lucky.
4.  I am a spelling and grammar fanatic, and I have a hard time looking past mistakes while I'm reading - just ask my poor husband!  I think sometimes I missed my calling as an English teacher, copy editor, or maybe a spelling bee moderator! ;)
 
5.  I'm terrified of two things:  mountain lions and driving on curving, mountainous, cliff-side roads.  I have had nightmares of both being sneak-attacked by a lurking mountain lion while on a run, and dying a terrifying death when our family's vehicle careens off of a cliff.  Not pretty, but true.  I'm definitely hoping those are unfounded fears!
 
6.  I have a weakness for crunchy peanut butter.  Man, I could eat that stuff on just about anything.
 
7.  My priorities are: family, church, learning, healthy living, running!  (I have other priorities, too, but hey...I'm at #7 and I'm done!)
 
Now I'd like to pass this award on to:
 
1.) Lindsay @ http://eatplaylove4life.blogspot.com/
2.) Rebecca @ http://runningonstilts.blogspot.com/
3.) Elizabeth @ http://elizabethdownie.blogspot.com/
 
Go check out their blogs, I love these ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!