Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A new beginning.

Well, here I am, going on day 3 post-race.  I actually feel a little strange and out of sorts.  On the one hand, it feels so good to have accomplished my goal and to know I can allow myself a few days rest and recovery.  On the other hand, after living, breathing and sleeping a set training schedule for so long, I kind of don't know what to do with myself!  I did finally get motivated enough (late) this morning to do 35 minutes of Pilates, which felt really good.  My hamstrings are what I'm nursing the most right now.  The backs of my thighs are more sore today than they were yesterday, strangely.  All in all, though, I'm happy with how strong I still feel after finishing the marathon.

Now I have new goals, and for those of you who have enjoyed following my blog thus far, stay tuned.  Soon I'll be starting a new training schedule, after I do some research and find one that suits my needs.  Sometime in the next few weeks, weather permitting, I also plan to run the Pocatello Marathon route in it's entirety, just for myself.  Now that I'm confident I can go the distance, and on a difficult course like Rim Rock nonetheless, I'm curious to see what I can do time-wise on a less strenuous route, and without any pressure.  But first, I need to get my legs back...fully!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!