Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekends are kind of blah.

Though I wasn't completely slothful today, for some reason I felt like I was.  This morning I did 45 minutes of Yoga, but the rest of the day I spent cleaning the house, doing laundry, taking care of ill kids, or laying on the bed feeling listless.  Now as I sit here at the computer contemplating an early bedtime, I feel bloated and sluggish.  It's only been two days of no running, but I honestly hope my aches and pains leave me soon so I can get back to a regular running schedule; I don't like taking time off, even when I know it's the best thing to do at the time.  At least the next couple of days we have "stuff" going on and hopefully it will be a good enough distraction.  Also weighing on my mind is the fact that next week my husband's work schedule is changing and he will be working weekday day shift.  Basically what that means for me is that I will only have the options of running at the park with Nicolas in the jogger, which will obviously depend on full cooperation of Mother Nature, or using the treadmill on the days I have runs scheduled when he is working.  I suppose another option would be to do my runs in the evenings on those days, but I much prefer running first thing in the morning, so I don't know how that would go.

2 comments:

  1. Working around a husband's schedule is probably the most challenging part of running, for me, anyway. You'll figure it out, I'm sure. Have you found one of the jogger covers? It keeps the wind and cold off of them, and they can still see out it. Plus, he can have blankets in it without worrying that they'll fall out.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how you did it with kids!! That has been hard for me, too. At least it was when I was healthy and still attempting to run. It was getting so complicated to switch kids with friends and try to schedule that with multiple people--I felt like running was taking over my life.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!