Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recovery days.

I'm nowhere near back into the swing of things, but after having 2 days off, I decided this morning to at least do some sort of formal exercise.  Yesterday I was on my feet all day, running errands and doing some shopping and I have been pleasantly surprised at how minimally sore my legs are at this point.  The hardest part about working out this morning was trying to put my sports bra on over my severely sunburned shoulders.  Once I finally got some workout clothes on, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill.  Not much, I know, but I want to work back into things slowly.  I think I made a mistake after my first marathon by not taking a long enough break from running post-race to allow adequate time for my muscles to fully heal.  I read an article about marathon recovery that said to keep in mind that even when the muscles aren't sore anymore, they are still healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!