Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

5 mile tempo run.

Normally today would be a cross-training day, but due to the fact that we're leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to go to a nephew's wedding and will be gone most of the day, I decided to do tomorrow's run today.  I had set the alarm for 5, but my sweet little 5 year old decided to wake me up at 4:30 instead.  I was ready to leave for my run by 5, but it was still a little dark outside so I waited until 5:15.  Today's run was one of those that reminded me why I run, thankfully...I was due for one of those runs.  I had minimal pain, I felt good, though I pushed myself to keep a steady, strong (for me) pace, and I finished my run in 51 minutes, averaging just over 10 minute miles.  When I got home I also did 45 minutes of Pilates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!