Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, July 18, 2011

Cross-training Monday.

I'm still licking my wounds from my long run on Saturday.  For some reason, my confidence really took a hit after that run.  I was thinking about how lame it is that after all this time, almost a year and a half of constant training, running my heart out, cross-training diligently, having a goal and a purpose, all that work has built to this point - that I can't go out and do an 18 mile long run without being in pain, hurting so badly I have to walk, faltering in my ability and mental strength.  What the heck?  What am I doing wrong here?

Anyway, those were some of the thoughts going through my ever-critical mind the past few days.  This morning when I woke up, I realized I just needed to recommit myself and find some new focus and motivation.  I did a really great cross-training session, starting with level 1 of 30 Day Shred, followed by 1 hour and 25 minutes on the elliptical.  Now I think I'll troll the internet and find some inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!