Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, October 31, 2011

3 miles and XT.

I have been fighting a horrible cold the past 4 or 5 days.  I haven't been this sick in forever and I'm surprised it's lasting this long.  I take so many vitamins and I drink freshly juiced vegetables and fruits everyday. I guess my body is still just as vulnerable to this crap.  It really sucks.  It hasn't stopped me from my workouts so far.  I was feeling it in my chest and head on Saturday during my long run with my husband, but yesterday was a rest day and although I did do some Pilates to stretch out my aching body, I mostly rested the remainder of the day.  This morning I felt the worst.  My head feels like it's going to explode, but I was determined to get my sweat on anyway.  You know, Halloween candy will be making it's way into the house tonight and in an attempt to be realistic, knowing my strength to resist a Snickers or two may be less than stellar, I'm planning ahead.  So...

I started my workout today with 45 minutes of Pilates.  After that I did like I've seen the contestants do on The Biggest Loser and put on a sweatshirt over my workout clothes, put the hood on and got on the elliptical.  I'm sure I looked ridiculous, but I told you, I wanted to get my sweat on! Anyway, I did an hour on the elliptical, but every 5-10 minutes I got off and used the step stool and 5 pound hand weights to do some "step-ups", which ended up equaling 30 minutes worth for a total of 90 minutes doing that "circuit".  Afterwards, I got on the treadmill for a 3 mile run.  I am telling you, I am drenched...mission accomplished.  ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!