Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, October 24, 2011

A whole bunch of stuff!

I have been watching so many motivational shows lately that I feel super inspired to give every workout my all (that includes current and past episodes of The Biggest Loser, Dancing with the Stars and The Sing Off). Seeing all those people do so many physically and mentally challenging things and push themselves harder than they thought they were capable, makes me realize that no matter how far I think I've come, I can always do more or do better.

Today I started out with 40 minutes of Pilates before taking the kids to school.  After that I put on an episode of Dancing with the Stars on Hulu and got on the elliptical.  I did an hour total on the elliptical, but I switched it up a bit by running up and down the stairs (one flight of 15 steps) during all of the "commercial breaks".  On Hulu.com, they only play one or two commercials during the breaks, but that meant I could get in at least 3 or 4 times up and down.  Now that's a good calorie burn right there - stairs!  Why haven't I thought of that before?  Anyway, after that I got on the treadmill.  I put the incline up pretty high, not sure what the percent was exactly because my treadmill isn't that high-tech.  I walked at first while holding my 5 pound hand weights, for about 20 minutes.  Then I set the weights down, pushed the speed up and left the incline up while I ran at a moderate pace for another 45 minutes.  I am now soaked with sweat and ready to go outside and play...or do some housework, whatever! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!