Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

3 miles of speedwork, and other things.

I am pleased to report that I had a very controlled day yesterday with regards to my diet.  I stuck with my menu, with a few minor alterations to accommodate my workout in the morning (meaning I ate a little extra fruit for the carbs), and entered everything on MyFitnessPal.com to make sure I was well within my calorie allowance vs. my calorie burn.  As great as I felt going to bed last night knowing I had taken charge of things and was conscientious about the choices I was making, those hunger pangs I felt throughout the day reminded me of how hard it was when I first started working on losing weight.  I just had to keep telling myself that it takes two weeks to break a bad habit and form a new one, and my bad habits include snacking on food whenever I feel the slightest bit hungry.

As far as today's workout goes, I started my morning out on the stationary bike for 65 minutes, and I even grabbed the 5 pound hand weights and used them for about 15-20 minutes of that time.  After that, I got on the treadmill for a some speedwork.  I did a little over 3 miles in 30 minutes, pushing the speed up as high as I could handle for 30-45 second bursts throughout, then back down to a manageable pace in between.  My heart was pumping, the sweat was dripping and my legs were wobbling by the time I finished, so I guess that means I'm doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!