Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moment of Candor...

First of all, to address my workout(s) for today:  I began this morning with 15 minutes of Pilates, then moved on to the bike for one hour.  Today we had three of our kids home from school...Nicolas because it was his off day from Kindergarten, and Noah and Sam because their classes had gone downhill skiing for the day - an event in which we choose not to participate.  So, with all the boys home, we decided to go to the gym.  Chris and I recently decided, after much deliberation, that we would use a small portion of our tax return this year to set up a membership at a fitness facility in Pocatello (about 10 miles away).  We signed up for a family pass, and even received a sizable discount for paying for the whole year in full, so it averaged out to about $60 a month.  We have unlimited use of their huge facility, which includes a pool, several hot tubs, a basketball gym, several weight rooms, tons of cardio machines, racquetball and lots of fitness classes (which are all included), like spin, Zumba and weight training.  So today was our first day to go up there as a family (minus Sophie, who still had to go to school).  Chris played basketball with the boys, then took them swimming for an hour or so, while I had a crazy good cardio workout.  I started out on a stair climb machine.  Apparently I can climb 130 floors of stairs in 30 minutes - is that good?  I don't even know, since I've never used one of those machines before, but I was sweating buckets and when I entered it into MyFitnessPal.com, it said I burned almost 300 calories.  Then I moved on to a rowing machine, which I did for 15 minutes, and finally I got on an upright bike and did a "fast program" for 30 minutes, which showed me going and average of 20mph.  After all that cardio, I also spent about 15 minutes doing some reps on leg and arm weight machines.  I don't know what they're called, but you know, lat pulls, quad raises, butterflies, etc.?

I really think that this could completely change my workout routine.  I'm looking forward to having days when Chris and I can go together to work out without the kids, days when Chris is working and the kids are in school when I can go alone and work out to my heart's content, and times when we'll go as a family and swim or play ball together.  It should be good.

And on to other things....
I often wonder who my reading audience is for this blog.  Admittedly, I started this blog as a way of tracking my marathon training, but now it has turned into something that is part of my daily routine.  I have one of those Feedjit things, so I can see the general vicinity from which my website hits are coming, but I don't really know who's reading.  I only get feedback in the form of comments from a couple of you - and thank you, by the way, to those of you who do take the time to post comments.  I would really like to increase my readership.  I have registered my blog on a couple of blog lists, where people can go and search for blogs by category, etc.  But I'm not sure what else I can do.  So my questions to all of you are:  Do any of you have suggestions as to how to go about getting more readers to my blog, and what specifically do you most like about my blog?  What type of blog posts do you find most interesting and engaging?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I love your blog because you are the cutest runner ever. That and it's hard for me to believe that there will be a day when my kids are big enough to occupy themselves while I workout.

    I am so glad you got a gym membership! It's wonderful, isn't it? While we have been in the weight loss contest we've been going to the YMCA that has no child care, but soon we'll be back at out other facility.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!