Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

More spinning. :)

Up and at 'em at 6am today, getting the kids ready and off to school so we could go to our spin class.  As I climbed out of bed and started moving my body this morning, I realized just how much "stuff" I've been doing to myself.  I have mild to moderate soreness in relatively every part of my body, still experiencing skin sensitivity on my sunburned parts, and the throbbing toenails - enough already!  I said to Chris (with a laugh), as we were getting out of the car at the gym to go in to class, simultaneously letting out moans of discomfort as we stretched our aching legs, "You know, it's crazy what we're doing to our bodies.  Why again do we do it?"  And he responded, "Yeah.  It'd be a lot easier to sit on the couch watching TV and eating Cheetos all day." ;)

A new instructor at spinning today, well "new" to us.  She is recently returning to teaching class after having a baby.  It's always an interesting twist when there is a different instructor.  You would think that with an exercise such as spinning, there wouldn't be that many options for variation, but there are and it's always a challenge.  Still, after experiencing class with 4 different instructors, I have my favorite.  She is the hardest, of course.  I like having someone to admire from my bike in the back of the room.  Gives me something to aspire towards. :)

After spinning, we went swimming.  I did laps for 30 minutes, then after a short soak in the hot tub, we got ready and went to the movies: Hunger Games!  Have I ever mentioned how much I love Tuesdays?

1 comment:

  1. So...you are planning to join me for a tri, aren't you? I can tell.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!