Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spin class, post-long-run update.

Looking back on Thursday's run, I'm so very happy about how good I felt during and after.  It is so rewarding to be able to track palpable improvements in my fitness and endurance, when most of the time I feel like I'm on a plateau.  Yesterday I continued to recover, with minimal soreness.  I was feeling a bit 'blah' in general with an overlying mental fogginess as well, and some oddly shaped patches of sunburn in places like my neck, collar bone, and one arm, but my main complaint has to be my stupid toes!  I took off my pretty, neon pink nail polish last night to find not one, not two, but three black and dying toenails.  I've heard urban legends of distance runners who have had these kinds of problems with their toenails constantly dying, so they went to the doctor and had them removed, and in such a way that they don't grow back.  It's tempting.  Though not really.  I'm not sure I could handle the creep-factor involved with looking down at toes sans nails! Ewe.

Anyway...I did some walking yesterday to help stay loose while my body recovered.  I walked on the treadmill for an hour and a half while I watched this week's Biggest Loser, then in the afternoon I took the kids to the park and walked about 2.5 miles worth of laps around the track.

This morning I woke up feeling 100%...well, maybe more like 89% (again, the toes and sunburn).  I fueled with my staple of oatmeal with blueberries and almonds and headed into town for a spinning class, followed by 45 minutes of weight lifting.

1 comment:

  1. My biggest complaint post marathon were my freaking toe nails. How can something so small hurt SOOOOOOOO bad?! It's annoying, yet I wouldn't have them removed, simple for the fact that when my kids are older and I have extra money again, I love a french pedicure ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!