Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Oops, I did it again.

Well, the original plan was that Chris and would do our long run on Thursday.  We had it all figured out.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are our days without kids at home, and Thursday Chris was supposed to have the day off from work.  When Chris found out he had court on Thursday morning, we kind of had to make a new plan.  The weather forecast called for rain this morning, and usually we go to spin class, but Chris left it up to me whether I wanted to make a go of it to run long and take our chances on the weather, or go to the gym and try and fit our run in next week sometime.  I was literally on the fence about it right up until about 20 minutes before we headed out the door.  It had rained all night and the storm clouds were still looming, but it wasn't too cold, so I figured what the heck.

We decided to do a loop that is 12.5 miles.  Leaving from our house, the route covers lots of up and down hills.  Chris knew he was only going to be doing part of the run with me because he's still letting his IT band issues heal.  I was actually hoping to do a little more today than I did on my last long run, maybe 27-28 miles.  We did the loop once, then stopped at the house where Chris stayed home and I took off and did the loop a second time.  I was tempted to call it quits when I had a majorly strong headwind the whole way back out on the loop, but I knew that if I could just make it until the route turned, I'd probably be okay.  I'm glad I stuck it out, even though it wasn't very fun, and I swore a little.  When I was close to home and only at 25 miles, I just took a bit of a detour to the park where I ran around the walking path until I was almost at 26 miles, then headed home.  I had run out of water and was super thirsty.  With this run being kind of a spur of the moment thing, I was concerned that it would be too difficult for me, since I ran 9 miles yesterday.  Normally I would have the day before a long run like this be a non-running day.  I did have some major aching in my legs, but I just pushed through and got it done.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!