Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spinning, weights and time.

This morning after the kids were in school, Chris and I were able to go to the gym to take a spinning class and spend some time lifting weights.  While most of the soreness in my legs has diminished, spinning was no piece of cake.  I guess that's why I love it so much, though.  We even did a little over an hour today because just as the class was supposed to be finishing up, the instructor came upon one of her favorite motivating songs on her playlist and asked if we could do one more working song.  Of course, we all groaned in agreement. ;)

After class, as we lifted weights for about 45 minutes, both of us were feeling pretty tired and worn out.  And hungry.  When we left the gym, we ate the lunch I packed for us, then went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things.  After that, we enjoyed a little time "window shopping" at Dick's Sporting Goods, one of my most favorite places, then went to TJMaxx and paid reasonable prices for some new running gear.  My husband got a couple pair of Nike running shorts and a Nike shirt, and I got two tanks, a long bra and a pair of capris - all for only $79!  That's like the price of 1 1/2 running shirts at Dick's. ;)  My slump is officially over. I'm ready to go out running again.


1 comment:

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!