Looking for something? Try here...

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekend update.


Sunday, a day of rest...sort of.  Ever since starting the summer running streak, I've been "unable" to completely rest from exercise on Sundays.  So today, I did a few minutes of Yoga this morning right after breakfast, then hopped on the treadmill for about 40 minutes before getting ready for church.

Yesterday was also a busy workout day.  I started in the morning with a 9 mile run.  For some reason I felt really tired afterwards, even though I started early in the morning and was out and back before 7:30am, before I had major heat to contend with.  The rest of the afternoon I spent weeding in the garden, doing laundry and making fruit/veggie juice.  After my husband came home from work, we did an evening session at the gym.  I spent my time doing weights for 1 hour.  I'm going to take Misty's (trainer/spin instructor) advice and start doing 4 days of strength training, and I'm working on devising my training schedule right now - as in, simultaneously as I type this post!  I'm going to combine the marathon training schedule from Kara Goucher's book with this weight training schedule.  It's going to be a busy summer, but I hope I can really whip myself into shape for the Pocatello Marathon - 10 weeks away, baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!