Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Taper, continued...

It's been another successful couple of days.  Yesterday morning I did a little Yoga with Jillian Michaels in the morning, followed by a 4.8 mile run/walk at the park.  Actually, I should probably call it a walk/run, because I mostly walked, but ran a handful of short bursts for about 1/5 mile each, just to really feel loosened up.

Today I went to the gym with Chris and while he did "our usual" classes (spinning, weights, Muscle Fusion X), I walked for a little over an hour on a treadmill, did 20 minutes on a recumbent bike and then hit the pool for a little over a 1/4 mile swim and a soak in the hot tub.  I won't say I wasn't jealous of my husband doing the higher intensity stuff, but I am grateful to be feeling good and ready for Saturday's race.

Tonight Chris and I spent an evening together eating a pre-race meal at one of our favorite restaurants.  I can't really argue that it was for purposes of carbo-loading, because I've been eating lots of good carbs for the past couple of days and especially yesterday, which is supposed to be the most important day (3 days prior).  But it's kind of a tradition, I guess, for us to go out to eat sometime within the couple of days before a race, and since Chris has to work tomorrow night, we went out tonight.


After our dinner, my only other request was that we "splurge" on some fro-yo.  I love this stuff but haven't had any for quite a while, since I've been "cleaning up" my diet.  So I kept my splurge about as clean as it can get: sugar-free vanilla with strawberries, nuts and a drizzle of honey.  It was SO good!


After that, we decided to drive part of the marathon route because it's on the way home.  We got lucky again and spotted our friends, momma moose with her young one.  We just sat and watched them for a few minutes before finishing the drive home.


And here are a couple more pictures of the view on the route.  Don't these images make you want to come and run this marathon with me?!


I mean, seriously?

1 comment:

  1. I kinda do want to run it now, looking at that!! HOLY COW that is amazingly stunning. You must just laugh your butt off at my pics of flaaaaaat cornfields. LOL

    Your hair is the most amazing color of red! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!