Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

9 miles on a rainy day.

After weeks of dry, we finally got some rain today and it felt cleansing.  I headed out for a run around 7am and saw the storm clouds swirling over the mountains, but I was able to finish the 9.2 mile loop with only a few drops falling on me.  Then I was able to enjoy the beautiful, cool, autumn rain from inside the house. :)

I spent all afternoon baking, which felt like a perfect rainy-day activity.  I roasted 8 or 9 butternut squash, then made puree.  Some I froze, the rest I used for (clean) muffins, cookies, pancakes and even for my bedtime protein smoothie.  Our house smells like cinnamon and allspice.

1 comment:

  1. Rainy days are so perfect for baking!! I've never tried squash puree in pancakes or to bake--sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!