Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Another 3-in-1 blog post. :)

Time to recap the past few days!  Right now my husband's work schedule is such that his days off are Tues-Wed-Thursdays, which means we get to spend A LOT of time together. :)

On Tuesday, we went to our usual morning classes at the gym.  First we started out with about 20 minutes in the weight room, then we went to spinning and then a little later, Muscle Fusion.  I can tell that I'm getting stronger because the soreness after the Muscle Fusion classes is lessening.  My biceps and glutes were a little bit sore yesterday, but it was pretty minimal.


Yesterday, instead of running, we decided to go for a hike in the mountains.  I wanted to give my knee a break from the running anyway.  It's still bothering me, mostly just when I bear weight on it while bending it, which is probably why the only thing that really seems to be exacerbating it is, well...running, of course.

So we started our hike at around 8am and didn't return back to the trail head until after 1pm.  We ended up going a little over 11 miles.  It was a gorgeous day and the weather was perfect for hiking.  When we first started, it was dang cold, but by the time we finished we were sweating.





Today we spent another morning at the gym.  Again, we began with 15-20 minutes in the weight room, followed by spinning.  Then after lunch and grocery shopping, we returned to the gym for Muscle Fusion X.  This class has become one of those life-changing things for me.  That sounds a little ridiculous to say about a fitness class, but it really is,  in a small way, I suppose.  Mostly because it is really helping me build confidence, speed, agility and strength in ways I didn't realize I was missing in my training.  I've watched countless videos and shows where I've seen fitness gurus and/or celebrities do things like jumping up on a ridiculously high bench or do 50 burpees with apparent ease and grace, but I've never seen myself doing those (and other similar) things.  I don't know why.  I'm still (very) far from graceful, agile or quick, but I can tell that I'm getting better with each class and my confidence continues to grow each week.  I just go into that room with all the mirrors lining the walls, set up my weights and steps, tune out all the other folks around me and zone in on the instructor (who is amazing and totally my inspiration), determined to do my very best and push my way through each and every circuit, even when I feel like throwing up.

Now if I can just continue to hone the clean-eating lifestyle that I have embraced, I am optimistic that I will really start to see the positive changes that I am searching for.  Remember the body beautiful formula, as defined by Tosca Reno?


2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what change you could possibly be searching for?! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks Lindsay. But I have my issues, too. Lots of things I would change, actually. Since waving a magic wand doesn't fix them, I guess I'll just keep working on them the old-fashioned way. ;)

      Delete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!