Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, November 23, 2012

Disappointed, but not all is lost.

Today I was supposed to meet Misty at the gym to do a chest/shoulders/tricep workout followed by a spinning class, also taught by Misty.  Unfortunately, I got a text from her early this morning saying that she needed to rest because of her menacing back injury.  She suggested I do my 2nd weekly leg workout today instead of what was on my schedule.

I have to admit, I selfishly felt a twinge of disappointment.  I look so forward to my training sessions with Misty and I'm also hesitant about doing them on my own.  Obviously though, Misty's well-being is infinitely more important than my insecurities, so I just needed to get over myself and get to the gym and get it done.

The leg workout consisted of different exercises than my leg workout earlier in the week, so I had to sort of guess at what she wanted me to do for some of them.  Thankfully, my husband was able to come with me and he helped me with some of the machines and he also helped me keep my form in check.
Lateral lunges


Glute kickbacks

It was probably opportune that things worked out this way because my arms are still unbelievably sore and tight from my bicep/back workout on Wednesday and I'm not sure how well I could have done another arm workout today.

It took me about an hour and a half to do my whole leg workout, which included 6 different exercises, 4 sets of 8-10 reps each.  When I finished, I had just enough time to rest for a few minutes before going to spin class.  My performance during spinning was a little lackluster as well; my body is feeling pretty depleted at this point in the week.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I am happy that I have this opportunity to challenge my body this way.

Hopefully tomorrow Misty will be able to return to the gym to round out the week with one final session together.  If not, I will be on my own to figure out the chest/shoulder/tricep workout.  I can do it, right?  Silly question... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!