Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Going down, down, down...

When it comes to fitness, it's all about the numbers, don't you agree?  Most of the time, we are looking for numbers to go down: on a scale, body fat percentage, race times, running pace, injuries, setbacks, hours until our next workout...

Today I had my body fat assessed by Misty - 2 weeks since the last measurement and 4 weeks since starting my new training program.  I am happy to report that things are still moving in the right direction.  I was down another 1%.  I started out at 25.5 % a month ago and today I measured 22.4% body fat.  That's great.  I still have a lot of work to do, but I feel more motivated than ever.

Since I am 37, I guess according to this chart, that puts me in the "Slim (Health)" category. :)

Yesterday I had another great day of training.  We went to the gym late in the morning and after a brief warm up, I spent a little over an hour doing my weights: shoulders and abs.  After that I did my interval run on treadmill, similar to the last few weeks.  I ran a total of 4.02 miles in 42 minutes, alternating sprints of up to 7.5 mph with "easier" pace of 5.7 - 6.0 mph and a walking cool down.

Today, after I finished my body assessment with Misty, I got busy with (what has become) one of my favorite workouts of the week: back and biceps.  I started out with pull-ups, and with my husband's help, I was able to do 4 sets of 10.  Pull-ups are killers.  They're a whole-body workout, if you ask me.

When I finished with my strength training, I went upstairs to do some cardio.  I spent 40 minutes on a stair machine, followed by 20 minutes (2 miles) on a treadmill.  I was so tired by the time we got home from the gym that I took a short nap before the kids came home from school.  I never nap, but I felt like I needed it today.  Now I'm feeling wide awake at 11:30 pm - not ideal, especially since I have a leg workout and Muscle Fusion X tomorrow.  I'd better try to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!