Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Getting pumped to pump.


Another great training day yesterday.  How do I know?  Every inch of my body is sore this morning.  After a 7 mile treadmill run, which I have to admit was a little sluggish, I met with Misty in the leg room to get started on doing my leg/shoulder workout.  We started out with barbell squats in a superset with dumbbell shoulder presses and front raises, then  5 more supersets including lots more variations of squats, lunges, hamstring curls, shoulder presses, cable pulls, cable flyes and glute kickbacks.

Today is bicep/tricep/calves day.  It's probably going to be a tough workout, mostly because I am already so sore and have limited movement in my forearms and biceps, but I can't slack off.  That's the best thing about training with Misty: when I'm around her, I have this crazy, strong desire to just 'get it done' and give every exercise my all.  No time wasted.  After I finish with weights today, I get to do an hour of cardio - either a spin class or the stair machine.  So far I am loving my new weight routine, though I definitely think it's going to be an exhausting few months until the marathon.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you said, "get to do [cardio]" instead of "have to". Great attitude! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!