Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, February 19, 2010

Day five.

Today is a "rest" day on my training schedule. That means a rest from running, to allow joints and ligaments recovery time. Since I am at the very beginning of my training, I've decided to do some strength and cross training on one of my rest days, and leave Sunday as my only full rest day. Later on, when my Thursday long runs become more intense (upwards of 9 or 10 miles), I may decide to also use Friday as a full rest day and only do cross training on Saturdays.

So, this morning I did a 30 minute strength training DVD, then I walked at a moderate pace on the treadmill for about 15 minutes. I am feeling a just a tad sore today, and probably haven't been getting enough sleep this week, so I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow for my cross training. I'm thinking that it will probably be Pilates and the elliptical, but we'll see. I really need to work on getting to bed earlier, because it will definitely be more important later on in my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!