Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day two.

I just finished my day two workout: a 3 mile run today.  I again started with 10 minutes of stretching and 5 minutes of a walking warm-up.  I'm so glad I have almost 9 months to train and prepare for the big race.  I'm starting think that the most difficult part is going to be controlling my mind and thoughts.  Last night and this morning I've been researching positive self-talk and runner's mantras online.  More on this later.

The *new* treadmill is awesome!  It's a 200% improvement over my old one.  It is like new, has a much wider treadbelt and a lot more features.  What a blessing that we were given it by some very generous people at just the right time!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that they gave you a new treadmill! It's so important to have a reliable one especially when you can't count on the weather. A friend of mine just asked me to run a half marathon with her in April, but I'm not sure if I'm going to--mainly because it's on a Sunday and I don't think that would set a good example for the kids. But I still might--I really want to. I've always wanted to do a full marathon, just to be able to say I have. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay - you should come do this one with us! It's on a Saturday. You have plenty of time to prepare; it's Sat. Nov. 13, 2010. I don't know how far Grand Junction is from you guys, it's going to be about a 7 hour drive for us.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!