Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 81.

I have to admit, when I looked out the window this morning and saw this:
I was thinking, oh curse you Idaho (among other things)!  I even considered switching my training days and doing my run tomorrow instead.  But alas, my type A personality got the better of me and I stuck with my plan to run 5 miles today.  The amazing thing is, I had the best run!!  I felt good the whole time, and despite being soggy and cold everywhere (and, by the way, that wet, squishy toes feeling is the worst!), I enjoyed myself and felt surprisingly strong.  Even as I finished my 5 miles, I felt like I could have kept going, which is definitely a good feeling.  Besides all of those things, I also had a decent time, considering the snow and wind, which seemed to be heading straight into me no matter which direction I was going.

Here's my Garmin after my run.  I started the timer after I'd walked about 1/4 mile, so it didn't calculate my walking pace into my average run pace.  The top number is my total time, the lower right is the mileage.  (The lower left is my pace, which is off because I stopped the timer as I had slowed to a walk right at 5 miles.)  11 minute miles for 5 miles, not too bad I suppose. ;)  I even had enough energy left over to do Jillian Michael's 30 minute Yoga Meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!