Looking for something? Try here...

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 91.

Rest day.  I have enjoyed a great weekend, with a good variation to my workout schedule.  It's fun to do something different and in a different location once in a while.  And we've come home to what seems to be real, honest to goodness spring-time weather!  I am super excited for my week of running ahead.  Something new today, here's an article from Runner'sWorld.com that I found helpful, and always relevant:

Nutrition for Runners

EATING ON THE RUN
Fastest postrun fuel ever.
By Dimity McDowell
PUBLISHED 07/07/2008

After a run, you have to refuel with carbs and protein so that you're ready to go again. In my world, though, there's no time to concoct the perfect postrun smoothie. So here are my 10 easiest somewhat healthy "meals."

1. Smoked Turkey Slices rolled in deli-cut Swiss cheese. Add mustard from squeezy bottle if feeling ambitious.

2. Chocolate Milk After a 2004 study found this to be basically as effective as Gatorade for recovery after exercise, I was sold.

3. Cottage Cheese scooped up with blue-corn tortilla chips. Sounds gross, tastes good.

4. Peanut Butter and Honey on a multigrain tortilla. Pulling out one tortilla feels like less work than two slices of bread.

5. Spinach Salad with precut yellow peppers, broccoli, carrots, and blue-cheese crumbles.

6. Quesadilla with pinto beans and salsa. Not messy, so you can park the pan on the stove.

7. Hard-Boiled Eggs Ma Nature's original recipe--bonus!--stored in its own case.

8. Bananas With Peanut Butter Slather PB on the end, take a bite. Repeat as necessary.

9. Pumpkin Bread with mini chocolate chips. Yes, this requires work. But it's so good. Make a bunch and freeze it. You'll thank me. (Go to runnersworld.com/pumpkinbread for the recipe.)

10. Peanut M&M's There's nutrition in them nuts, right? Not really, but I redeem myself by eating only three snack packs at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!