Looking for something? Try here...

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 98.

Rest Day.

Last night my husband and I watched "The Spirit of the Marathon", a documentary that follows six people from all different walks of life who train for and run the 2005 Chicago Marathon.  It was an excellent movie, though my husband and I are both huge fans of any decent documentary.  It was very insightful and helped me to realize that most of what I've been going through so far is pretty universal.  Distance runners, at any stage of experience, from the beginner to the elite, are part of a unique culture.  I'm fascinated, actually, and watching this movie motivated me to work even harder.  I'm determined to NOT be the one at the end of the 26.2 miles that is crying from exhaustion...I may be crying from an emotional release, but it will be because of the realization of all the hard work I put into my training.

Anyway, I'd encourage all of my readers to check out this movie: www.marathonmovie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!