Looking for something? Try here...

Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 99.

All of my runs are scheduled to be 3 milers this week.  I woke up this morning to pouring rain again, and since Chris is at work and I would have needed to bring my 4 year old in the jogging stroller on my run with me, I decided to go ahead and use the treadmill.  I haven't used the treadmill to do a run for quite a while, and I'm still surprised at how much harder it feels than running outside.  I can't figure out what it is, but I feel like I have to work a lot harder, and I definitely sweat a lot more, going the same distance as I do when I run outside.  If I didn't have my Garmin to give me definitive proof of my speed and distance while on an outdoor run, and then I ran on the treadmill, I would swear I don't go as fast or as far as I do when I'm outside, because to finish my goal distance on the treadmill, I have to set the speed slower than what my average pace has been on other runs.

Anyway, before I did my 3 miles, I did 15 minutes of Pilates, then I walked on the treadmill  for 10 minutes before increasing the speed and doing the 3 miles, then I slowed to a walk again for another 5 minutes.  Then I did workout 3 of the 30 Day Shred DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!