Looking for something? Try here...

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 132.

Rest day.  I just noticed on my countdown ticker that there are only 4 1/2 months to go before the big day, and only about 9 weeks before I will be doing the Pocatello 1/2 Marathon...whoa!!  That seems so soon, and I still feel so ill-prepared.  I'm thankful for a training schedule that allows me to build gradually and I'm hoping that things continue to go as well as they have for me in my training.  This week will be a bit different than the past few.  Instead of 3 - 3 mile runs and one long run, I will be doing 3 miles on Monday, then 4 on Tues., 3 again Wednesday, then only 5 on Thursday.  I will still be getting in 15 miles of running for the week, but it's kind of a "rest" week before my long run goes up to 9 miles on the following week.  I really need to get a better handle on my diet.  I think my lack of energy and soreness last week was due mostly in part to my lack of appropriate fuel, but I don't even feel that hungry most of the time.  I almost kind of feel sick to my stomach a lot, especially after working out.  I did pick up a big box of Clif (mini) energy bars, and I'm going to start eating half of a bar before my runs, then the other half afterwards, then have breakfast after that.  I think I really need the extra carbohydrates.

Recently my husband and I watched the two movies about Steve Prefontaine: 'Without Limits' and 'Prefontaine'.  We personally preferred 'Without Limits' as a movie, but they were both good and it's a very interesting story.  His determination and perseverance are such an inspiration, but it is also such a tragic story.  I would recommend these movies to anyone looking for an interesting flick about a runner whose potential for greatness was cut short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!