Looking for something? Try here...

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 155.

I woke up this morning feeling pretty crummy: my eyes hurt, my head, neck and shoulders hurt, I even felt a little bit nauseous.  Have no fear, nothing a new pair of shoes, some good tunes and a great early morning run on a beautiful country road can't fix!  I just did a little bit of dynamic stretching before going out for my run.  It seemed to take forever for my Garmin to pick up a satellite signal, so I got in a little extra walking.  (I don't start my Garmin until I've started running, so it only averages my running pace.)  Anyway, once I got going, I felt a lot better.  My shoes are nice, just need some breaking in to get to that comfy stage.  I'll probably wear them for all my shorter runs and wear my other favorite shoes for just my long runs, until they get to the point that I can alternate them on long runs.

So, in the end, I felt good enough that I ran 5.25 miles, instead of the 5 miles recommended on my training schedule.  When I came home, I did a little bit more stretching.  I didn't do my usual Yoga because we have my (college aged) nephew staying with us and I wanted to get to making a big breakfast for him and all the kids, so I didn't have time to do the 30 minute DVD that I usually do.  Maybe I'll try to fit it in tonight.  We're also going on a hike with the kids this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!