Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 164.

7 mile run today.  I woke up at 5am and did 20 minutes of Pilates before heading out.  I feel really good about today's run because it was the first run over 5 miles that I have maintained an 11 min/mile or faster pace for the entire 7 miles.  I also had another "first" on this run: I had to use my pepper spray to ward off two raging pit bulls that jumped a fence to chase me.  My heart was pounding out of my chest!  It took 3+ sprays at one of the dogs to get them to back off, but I'm so thankful I had the spray with me.  Otherwise I'd probably be getting stitches in the ER right about now.
When I got home I did level 1 of Yoga Meltdown.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I was just thinking about your pepper spray for some random reason, you know those stupid thoughts at night that keep you awake. I'm glad you were safe. Those owners need a bigger fense. Strong work on the 11min pace! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!