Looking for something? Try here...

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 166.

Today is a cross-training day.  I had intended to go walking for 1 hour, then come home and do some other things, but as I started out on  my walk, my left hip was screaming at me.  Every step I took felt like the bones were grinding together.  I went to the park and did a few laps, but after about 40 minutes, I decided to call it good and head home before it got any worse.  When I came home, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical again, because I did that yesterday and it felt good and didn't bother my hip at all.  The really annoying thing is, now my hip feels totally fine.  I think on my next running day (Monday), I'm going to try doing the elliptical for about 10 minutes before I head out for my run, and see if that helps "loosen" things up.  I refuse to let pain slow down my training.  Next week I'm getting into some higher mileage (24 miles for the week), and I've only got 5 training weeks left until I'll be doing the Pocatello Half Marathon.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, my left hip was tight today.
    5 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rebecca. I appreciate all your comments. Hope your hip feels better; you're doing great! (I think we're on some kind of similar wavelength, from across the country!;)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!