Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 193.

10 mile run this morning.  It seems to me quite a turning point, when last night my husband asked me how long my long run would be this morning, and I responded by saying, "Only 10 miles."  Well, it may have been "only" 10 miles, but I'm still pretty tired!  I woke up at 5:30, did 15 minutes of Pilates and stretching, got all my gear ready, then headed out while it was still a little dark.  It was overcast, warm and humid.  I could definitely feel the humidity in the air.  Half way through the run I ate 3 Shot Bloks and drank a few sips of water.  I can tell the difference when I fuel, as I start to feel sluggish, it gives me a boost to keep going.  In reality, my body probably doesn't need the fuel on runs of 10-13 miles, but I want to get used to eating/drinking while running, and I need to test out different types of fuel to see how my body reacts.  When I finished my run, my legs were feeling it.  Right now I'm wearing my CEP Recovery/Compression socks.  After my run I also did level 2 of Yoga Meltdown (30 minutes).  And so that's it...the next long run I do will be next Saturday when I race in the Pocatello 1/2 Marathon!

1 comment:

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!