Looking for something? Try here...

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 195.

Well, another rest day.  This week is going to be all about preparing for my race on Saturday.  I will still do runs the first couple of days this week, but by Thursday and Friday, I will be resting my legs as much as possible.  As far as timing, this race has come at just the right point in my training.  With still a couple of weeks for "wiggle room", not only am I able to fit this 1/2 marathon in, replacing a long run for this week, but I will also be able to fit in an extra long run in a few weeks of 22 miles, so that will be my longest run before doing the actual marathon (instead of the 20 miler being my longest run).  I'm hoping that will make me more prepared, at least, as prepared as I can get.  I'm sure there will be things unaccounted for, but that's what makes a "first marathon" special, right?  As long as I finish, I will feel successful on this first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!