Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 212.

This morning I did a 4 mile run, after a short warm up.  I felt much better on my run today than I did yesterday.  I plan to take it easy, for the most part, the rest of the day in preparation for tomorrow's 16 miler.  Marathon training is so tough on the body.  I trained for 6 months, running consistently for the first time in my life, and I didn't lose any weight during that time.  Not that it was a goal, because I already felt "fit" enough, but I have been monitoring my weight because I want to make sure I'm getting enough to fuel my body for these long runs.  Now that the mileage has increased so much, I have lost 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks, and I'm still having a hard time feeling like I'm feeding my body right.  I think the key to having the best possible long run is going to be finding that balance between eating the right foods at the right times, and not eating too much as to feel sick after my run.  I'll just have to keep experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!