Looking for something? Try here...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 226.

Today I did an 8 mile run.  Since my husband is out of town, I took the older kids to school, then headed to the park with Nick in his stroller.  I walked on the way there for a  warm-up.  The distance of the track at the park is 5/8 of a mile, and I was a little worried that the run would be tedious; to accomplish 8 miles, I had to do 13 laps!  Strangely, I had a great run!  It was actually a fun challenge to do that distance around the loop, pushing the jogger, and it went by surprisingly fast.  I mean, my pace wasn't super fast, averaging about 11:30min/mile, but it didn't feel too monotonous.  It sure as heck beats trying to do 8 miles on the treadmill!  After walking back home from the park, I did some simple stretches as a cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!