Looking for something? Try here...

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 249.

Today is a rest day.  For the first time in a long while, we don't have anything going on.  We had a Cub Scout Pack Meeting last night, so there aren't any den meetings this morning, my husband doesn't have to work, and the kids don't have anything else going on.  Our one and only vehicle is still in the shop, so we are just enjoying a relaxing day at home.  The weather is perfectly fall-like, so in a little bit I'm going to take the kids to the park to ride their bikes, where I will get in a little bit of walking.  That will be the extent of my exercise today.  My legs are still feeling a little bit crampy.  It's really annoying, actually.  I didn't do anything overly strenuous this week, I don't get why they're acting up.  Ever since my 10 miler on Wednesday, my thighs and calves have been sore and stiff.  I'm determined to have a good time on my 22 miler tomorrow, though, since it is my last super long run before the marathon in 3 weeks. I'm going to be doing my run with a friend, my first time running with someone on a long run.  My friend has done 3+ marathons so far, and she is definitely faster than I am, but since she has completed 2 marathons in the past month, she is currently not training for anything, so the pressure is off her and she will be running as my support and help.  I was initially pretty nervous about changing my routine in this way.  I mean, I am so used to running alone, I'm not sure how different it will be, for good or bad, to run with a partner.  But I figure, when I'm doing the marathon I will be running with my other friend, so I might as well do a "test run".  Besides, maybe it will help make the 22 miles go by faster if I have someone to talk to.  Our plan is to do the first 22 miles of the actual Pocatello Marathon route.  I'm starting to get excited now, and I think it will be fun.  My final worry lies with my stomach and intestines; I will be watching what I eat all day today, and I will be taking medication tonight and tomorrow morning with the hopes of eliminating or at least reducing my GI difficulties.  Wish me luck!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh and... I'm tagging you with a versatile blogger award. See my post for the deets :)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!