Looking for something? Try here...

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 255.

This morning I did a 4 mile run.  I've noticed something interesting, a small sign of progression, I guess you could say.  It used to be that as I would head out for my run, I would walk for a few minutes to get warmed up, and at the point I would want to start my run, I would say to myself "Okay, start running!", but my body may or may not have cooperated and I would try again, "Go, run!"  A few false starts, I would call them, before my body would finally concede and my legs would pick up and get going faster.  Recently, I've noticed that I only walk a block or so when the next thing I know, I'm running!  No mental talk necessary, when my body feels ready, it just automatically switches gears.  Pretty cool.

What's not so cool, though, is the fact that my legs are still stiff as boards.  I feel like I have to do a lot of stretching to get them loosened up.  After my four miles, I also did 35 minutes of Pilates.

1 comment:

  1. I love Pilates for stretching. Have you tried the method videos? I use Jennifer Cries, it's excellent stretching and working muscles too. She uses classical ballet in her legs section, so when I'm really sore it helps loosen me up.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!