Looking for something? Try here...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Days 243 and 244.

Wow...yesterday was the first day I wasn't able to update my blog after my long run, and it felt like my run was incomplete because of it!  I was out of town with my family for a couple of days, and ended up doing my long run in a different town than I'm used to, but it was fun to run a new course.  I was able to get an early start, because the route was on a greenbelt near a river in town and it was well lit by lots of streetlamps.  I was out on the road by 5:45 to start my 14 miles, without much of a warm up, unfortunately.  I felt good, though, and ran the whole time, with only one pit stop at around mile 4.  I also took some Imodium before my run, and apparently it worked, because I was able to make it the entire 14 miles without any cramps - yippee!!  Anyway, I was tired at the end and slowed to a walk for a cool down.  My recovery has been pretty good, as well.  Not too much soreness today.  It does seem that 14 miles should go this smoothly, and I would like to be able to say: "Oh, yeah, 14 miles...that's nothing, no big deal."  The truth is, though, that no long run is ever "no big deal"!

Today is a rest day, and since we were traveling home and doing a little sightseeing on the way, I did get in some walking.  This coming week is my "monster week", a total of 44 miles, including my 22 mile long run next Saturday.  After that, it's the taper!!

2 comments:

Feedback is the fuel for this blog. Leave your comments!